THE FINEST PREPARATORY AND SENIOR EDUCATION
Pupils, performance and potential
• The Birchfield pupil qualities are kindness, independence, resilience, ambition, open-mindedness, collaboration, politeness, respect and tolerance • A Birchfield pupil is regarded as a well-rounded pupil and one that will reach their potential through application and effort • We offer either a 13+ or 11+ education and from September 2021 a significant expansion to our senior school to allow pupils to sit their GCSEs at Birchfield in the future.
Genuine all-round education
• Birchfield offers an exciting, motivating curriculum run in small class groups for maximum effectiveness • We expose our pupils to a huge array of learning opportunities and activities including Coding, Golf, Tennis, Latin, Dance, Fencing, 11+ Tuition, Business Skills • Birchfield delivers Academia, Art, Music, Drama and Sport for all.
Academic, Art, Music and Drama curriculum delivered by specialist subject teachers
• Specialist teaching means we teach these subjects to the highest possible level, leading to many impressive scholarships and awards to top Senior Schools. 100% of our 2018 Year 8 leavers were offered places at their senior school of choice • A selection of specialist subject teachers start their work in Pre-Prep • From Pre-Prep we expose children to selected subject specialists and from Year 3 your child works with a large team of teachers who specialise in their subject. This means your child is taught by a specialist in Maths, English, Science, French, History, Geography, RS, Art, Sport, ICT and Food Technology • We provide subject-specific educational trips to enhance classroom learning
Outstanding Sports curriculum and facilities
• We aim to create a lifelong love of sport • An extensive curriculum including football, netball, rugby, hockey, cricket, rounders, cross-country, tennis, swimming, athletics and golf • Every child of every ability has the opportunity to represent their school at sport • Birchfield teams compete weekly at a wide range of independent schools • Birchfield welcomes many visiting professional sports coaches • We host mixed boys’ and girls’ teams for cricket and hockey • Birchfield is renowned for our match day hospitality and match teas.
Focus on manners, respect, self-discipline, social skills and self-confidence
• Positive pastoral care and adult role models throughout school • Kindness, independence, resilience, ambition, open-mindedness, collaboration, politeness, respect and tolerance form the backbone of all learning activities • Pupils respect others’ points of view and know how to behave appropriately with peers and elders • Birchfield pupils are extremely independent and are encouraged to make informed choices and take responsibility for the consequences