THE FINEST PRIVATE EDUCATION FOR YOUR CHILDREN
Pupils, performance and potential
• A Birchfield pupils is a well-rounded pupil and one that will reach their potential through a positive work ethic, high levels of effort and intellectual curiosity • Our pupils excel in a range of disciplines from academia to sport, music, art and drama with over 50 scholarships awarded in the last 3 years • Subject specialism from Year 3 upwards delivered by many secondary trained staff allows us to prepare senior pupils for the academic rigour of both 13+ scholarships and a planned comprehensive GCSE programme in the years to come.
Genuine all-round education
• Birchfield offers a stimulating and creative curriculum taught in small class sizes for maximum effectiveness • We expose our pupils to a huge array of learning opportunities including Coding, Debating, Yoga, Tennis, Street Dance, Fencing and Business Enterprise.
Academic, Art, Music and Drama – Curriculum delivered by specialist subject teachers
• Specialist teaching means we teach these subjects to the highest possible level, leading to many impressive scholarships being awarded • A selection of specialist subject teachers are introduced in Pre-Prep • From Pre-Prep we expose children to selected subject specialists and from Year 3 your child works with a large team of teachers who specialise in their subject across Mathematics, English, Science, French, History, Geography, Art, Games and PE, Computing and Food Technology.
Outstanding Sports curriculum and facilities
• We aim to create a lifelong love of sport • An extensive curriculum including football, netball, hockey, cricket, rounders, cross-country, tennis, swimming, athletics and tag rugby • Every child of every ability has the opportunity to represent their school at sport • Birchfield teams compete weekly at a wide range of independent schools • Birchfield welcomes many visiting professional sports coaches.
Focus on manners, respect, self-discipline, social skills and self-confidence
• Positive pastoral care and adult role models throughout school • Kindness, independence, resilience, ambition, open-mindedness, collaboration, politeness, respect and tolerance form the backbone of all learning activities • Pupils respect others’ points of view and know how to behave appropriately with peers and elders • Birchfield pupils are extremely independent and are encouraged to make informed choices and take responsibility for the consequences.